Dr. Mohamed Abdelbaki Mohamed Ibrahim
Current Occupation :
- Chairman & Partner at Center of Planning and Architectural Studies.
- Associate Professor at Urban Planning Department, Faculty of Engineering, Ain-Shams University .
- Editor-in-chief of “Alam Al-Bena'a” Magazine.
Date of Birth : February 20, 1962 .
Nationality : Egyptian .
Religion : Moslem .
- B.Arch., Faculty of Engineering, Ain- Shams University (Very Good with honor degree, 1984).
- Master Degree of Architecture, Faculty of Engineering, Ain Shams University , Cairo.(1988).
- Ph.D. of Urban Planning, Faculty of Engineering, Ain Shams University , Cairo.(1993).
- Building, Housing and Urban Planning Diploma, Institute for Housing Studies (IHS), Netherlands (1986).
- TOEFL Certificate, American University in Cairo.(1988).
- Training Course of “ Environmental Management: Methodologies, Objectives and Applications ”, Institute for Higher Studies and Researches, Alexandria University (16-21 March 1996).
- Training Course of “ Green Architecture ”, Energy Planning Organization and Institute of Studies and Environmental Researches, Ain-Shams University , Cairo . (17-19 February 1997).
- (2000-present): Associate Professor at Urban Planning Department, Faculty of Engineering, Ain Shams University .
- (1993-2000): Lecturer at Urban Planning Department, Faculty of Engineering, Ain Shams University .
- (1988-1993): Assistant Lecturer at Urban Planning Department, Faculty of Engineering, Ain-Shams University .
- (1984-1988): Demonstrator at the Architecture Department, Faculty of Engineering, Ain-Shams University .
- Egyptian Engineers Syndicate.
- Egyptian Architects Society.
- Society for Revival of Planning and Architectural Heritage.
- Central Society for Sheltering the Needy.
Participated in most of the projects and Architectural competitions that were prepared by Center for Planning and Architectural Studies either by designing the executive drawings or by supervising the various technical departments.
Other Scientific :
- Participated in a workshop about Conservation and Activities Rehabilitation of Historical Buildings, in Budapest , the Capital of Hungary (1987), and worked in an architectural Project to conserve one of the historical places.
- Participated in the preparation of the first, second and third Conference for Egyptian Architects among the technical secretary for the Conference.
- Participated in the preparation of Architectural Evenings - one of CPAS activities.
- Participated in preparing a study for the Bases of Architectural Design and Urban Planning in the Islamic City, a scientific encyclopedia in Arabic, English and French for the benefit of the Organization of Islamic Cities (1990).
- Participated in preparing the international scientific symposium on the thought of Hassan Fathy's Architecture (1993).
- Lecturer of Environmental Control and Urban Design at Urban Planning Dept. - Faculty of Engineering - Ain Shams University (1994 till now).
- Participated as a lecturer in the training courses held by CPAS.
- Supervisor on a number of M. Sc. and Ph. D. Thesis.
- “Public Participation in the Low Income Housing” in“ The First Conference on Housing of the Low - Income” at Engineers Syndicate in Cairo , (16-18 October, 1988).
- “Management of Urban Development Operation of New Towns in Egypt” in “ The Conference on Reappraising the Urban Planning Process as an Instrument for Sustainable Urban Development and Management “, - Nairobi in Kenya (3-7 October, 1994).
- “Negative Development of Egyptian Village ” in “ The Conference on Development of Countryside Environment “- Faculty of Arts - Ain Shams University , (17-19 October, 1996).
- “The need for an Organizational Approach to Face Natural Disasters” in “The First International Conference on Environment and Development in Africa“ in Assyout University ,(21-24 October, 1995).
- “ Re-investment of the Ancient Buildings” . [Case of Wekalet Quaitbay - Gammaliya] in “ The International Conference on Architectural Heritage and Tourism Architecture” in the Egyptian Architectural Engineers Association - Cairo , (6-10 November, 1995).
- “Educational Operation and Practice in Architectural Engineering” in “ the Second International Conference on “ Engineering Researches” in Faculty of Engineering and Technology - Suez Canal University in Port Said, (19-21 December 1995).
- “Developments of B. Sc. Project for Architecture Departments” in a symposium on “ The Proposed B. Sc. Project in Faculties of Engineering - Present and Future” in Faculty of Engineering - Alexandria University, (30 November, 1996).
- “The Case of Developing the Environmental Control Curriculum in the Urban Planning Department in Faculty of Engineering - Ain Shams University” in the workshop on “Inserting Methods of Teaching Environmental Subjects in Engineering Education “in Faculty of Engineering - Alexandria University, (3 April, 1997).
View Dr.Mohamed's Certificates >>>